Happy Thursday all!
I don’t have a whole lot of “small talk” to fill with today, so let’s get right to the meat of this post and skip the pleasantries, shall we?
Things I’m Loving Thursday
- You Guys! – Yes, I’m still flying high from the fact that you all helped me get my Ignite Fitness Spark voted into Fitbloggin’ 2014! My head is still reeling from it all, actually. I seriously can’t say it enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’ve been keeping my eyes and ears open for more info and deadlines for the presentation, ect. but I haven’t gotten anything yet. I’ll be sure to post all of the details here as soon as I find out more, though!
- Tough Workouts- Maybe it’s a little masochistic, but I lu-lu-love hard workouts. HIIT on the treadmill is probably one of my favorites. It’s so much fun to push all out for those 20-30 seconds or so, knowing that you’ll get a quick break just around the bend if you can just keep pushing!
On Monday, my HIIT routine was the perfect blend of all out, I might puke or pass out sprinting intensity and sweet, sweet walking recovery. By the time my 30 minutes were up, I was toasty toast. (Any Tony Horton fans out there know what that’s from? 😉 ) And it didn’t help that my legs were already jello-lishous after that Monday leg workout.
- Sore Muscles- I most definitely have a love/hate relationship with this, but lately it’s been more love than hate. (Although if you ask my dad, he’d tell you I was being a huge wimp the last day or so.) But I still maintain it isn’t my fault that my calf muscles got horrendously sore and super, super tight after not having worked them specifically for over a month- and then doing 90 weighted calf raises like it was nothing. Truthfully, my left calf is still wicked sore- I can barely straighten my left leg all the way without wincing. And don’t even get me started about sitting down and standing back up….Monday was Legs (quads/calves) and Tuesday was glutes/hamstrings. Two leg days in a row. Gimme a break!
- Short Term Goal Planning- Most of you probably know that I’m a list maker. Many of you probably know that I plan my workouts out like a psycho, and usually try and plan up to 2 months in advance. While I believe there’s a lot to be said about scheduling workouts like appointments and meal planning/meal prep, I don’t think writing out 2 months worth of workouts is the best idea- especially considering how daunting it looks all scribbled out like that.
So, what I’ve started doing now is- like appointments- I schedule everything out on the Sunday before hand and leave it at that. I do one week at a time, cross the scheduled workouts off as I go, and plan to start all over again the next Sunday for the next week.
So far, so good- and I don’t feel nearly as overwhelmed. It’s easier to digest small chunks of info than a whole calendar full of “to do’s”.
- Fitness Memes- as if you couldn’t tell already, right?
- The Walking Dead, seasons 1-3 recap (in preparation for season 4 mid-season premiere!)
Not really “fitness” related (unless you count the fact that I did my chest, triceps and biceps lifting workout while watching last night with my dad), but you guys knew this one was coming!
I feel like I have a lot more that I could list, but most of them are things I’ve definitely listed before, and will most likely list again in the future. For the sake of keeping this here blog interesting, I’ll leave it here for now.
On the agenda for tonight- a repeat of Monday’s leg and shoulder (mostly shoulders today, I’m thinking…)workout, accompanied by 30-40 minutes HIIT on the stationary bike.
I’m soooo bummed I haven’t been able to hop on the stairmaster at all this week- but in the interest of not overtraining or injuring my already painfully sore (still, 3 days later) calves, I think it best if I take a break from my favorite cardio machine, at least until tomorrow. 😉
Hopefully I’ll have a full Fitbloggin’ informational post for you guys sometime soon!